Logbook Entry Templates
Checklick gives every person their own logbook, where they keep a record of things that they do.
Sometimes, organizations want people to record specific things in their logbook that are part of achieving a skill or level in a checklist. Checklick makes this easy for everyone with logbook entry templates.
A logbook entry template is a set of text fields that you define as part of your checklist.
For example, if you have a checklist for a weight loss program, you may want people to record the details of the meals they eat each day. When people go to create a logbook entry, they'll be able to select a logbook entry template, which will guide them through the information they need to enter to satisfy the requirements of your checklist.
Creating a Logbook Entry Template
Here's how to set up a logbook entry template:
- Start on the Checklist page, and find the level you want to have a logbook entry template for.
- Click the edit this checklist button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, until you see the Logbook Entry Templates header.
- Click Add Logbook Entry Template.
- Enter a name for your logbook entry template in the Template Name field. For example, "Meal Log"
- Enter a prompt for your template in the Logbook Entry Template Prompt field. For example, "Time of Day", "Calories", or "Ingredients"
- You can add additional prompts to your template by clicking Add Logbook Entry Question and entering the additional fields
- Using the Entry Type drop-down menu, you can select the type of log entry. The options are text, radio buttons, and checkboxes.
- When you are finished, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update Checklist
Making a Logbook Entry Part of your Checklist
Once you've created a logbook entry template, you probably want to make it a requirement in your Checklist. We recommend simply creating a checkbox skill on your checklist (something like "Made five meal log entries in their logbook").
Checklick makes it quick and easy to check a person's logbook directly from the same page you use to perform evaluations on people. Look for the logbook link near the top-right of the checklist evaluation page, just under the save button. This will open a quick-view of the person's logbook.