Checklist lets you and your evaluators download two types of PDFs: checklists and credentials. The checklist PDF is a PDF document showing the status of each skill for a specific person and level. The credential PDF is a document that certifies that a specific person achieved a level (like an achievement certificate or a diploma).
To customize the PDFs for your checklist:
- Click Checklists in the top navigation menu.
- Find your checklist, and click Edit to the right of the checklist you'd like to customize.
- Click Settings on the black sub-menu and scroll to Checklist and Credential PDF Branding. Check the checkbox entitled Use custom backgrounds, colors and fonts. You should now see a collection of settings for your checklist and credential PDFs for this checklist.
- For each PDF, you can upload a background image, and you can also select two colors and two fonts (a major and minor font for each). To preview what your PDFs look like, click the update button on the top right of the page, then click either Preview Checklist Pdf or Preview Credential Pdf
Designing Your Checklist Background Image
The checklist PDFs are 8.5" wide and 11" tall (letter portrait), so your image should match these dimensions exactly. If your image is a different size, it will be stretched or compressed to fill the page.
Checklist PDF background images don't need a logo, because your organization's logo (the organization who owns the checklist) will be automatically placed at the top left corner. The logo of the awarding organization (ie the organization of the checklist evaluator) will appear automatically on the bottom left.
Designing Your Credential Background Image
The credential PDFs are 11" wide and 8.5" tall (letter landscape), so your image should match these dimensions exactly. If your image is a different size, it will be stretched or compressed to fill the page.
Unlike checklist PDFs, credential PDF background images will not have your logo automatically applied. This is to allow your organization more control over the branding of the certificate. For example, your organization may wish to use a larger logo, or a logo that is very short and wide. Your organization may also wish to include the logos of sponsors.
As a design guideline, we recommend drawing an imaginary line 190 points (about 2.6 inches) from the top of your background image, and keeping any logos or text above this line. Keep the remainder of your PDF neutral. This way, the automatically applied text doesn't overlap any distracting elements in your background.
- Don't forget to click update after you add an image or make a change to fonts and colors!