Checklick storefront has two types of discounts:
- Item Discounts (specific to each sub-product offering)
- Order Discounts
Item Discounts (specific to each sub-product offering)
To setup sub-product offering discounts, follow these steps:
- Go to the Storefront tab
- Click on Options
- Scroll down to Discounts
- Click create new discount
- Enter the Discount Name, Discount Type and Amount off either in perfect or the dollar amount depending on what discount type you choose. When entering percent, enter the full percentage not the decimal. For example, for 15 percent, type in "15" and not "0.15".
- If you have products and sub-product offerings already created, under each sub-product offerings, either make the discount available or disabled
- Percentage Off (Opt-in)
- Fixed Amount Off (Opt-in)
- Percentage Off (By Birthdate)
- Fixed Amount Off (By Birthdate)
It is important to note that Percentage Off and Fixed Amount are opt-in discounts and Checklick does not verify whether a customer is eligible for these discounts. For example, if you choose to offer a “member discount”, it will be up to you to ensure that non-members do not opt-in to this discount or to create a question for the person to answer which you will then have to manually verify the answer to.
Percentage Off and Fixed Amount Off (By Birthdate) will be applied if the person meets the Birthday thresholds. When you select one of these discounts, you’ll be asked to enter the birthday threshold and the date.
You can choose to limit whether a discount is applied or not based on a discount code that a person enters. If this case, you can provide a discount code to a person or a group of people but they’ll be asked to enter that exact code at the time of registration otherwise, they won’t be able to receive the discount.
You can enter any number of discounts separated by a comma or listed on each line. Discount codes are case sensitive and must be entered exactly by the user.
Order discounts are automatically applied to your customer’s entire order, but only if that order meets the criteria you define. An order discount can have one of the following criteria:
- Fixed discount before a date - a dollar amount discount applied before a certain date
- Fixed discount on orders above a total - a dollar amount discount applied to order exceeding a specific total
- Fixed discount on orders with at least x items - a dollar amount discount applied to order with a combination of a specific number of sub-product specific purchases
- Percentage discount before a date - percentage discount applied before a certain date
- Percentage discount on orders above a total - percentage discount applied to order exceeding a specific total
Percentage discount on orders with at least x items - percentage discount applied to an order with a combination of a specific number of sub-product offerings