If you're managing an organization, sometimes duplicate accounts for people get created. Fortunately, there is an easy way to merge duplicate accounts into a single account.
- Start on the People page
- Click the show action menu link on the left, above the list of people
- Select the duplicate people you wish to merge (by checking the boxes next to their name). You may need to first unselect all people before you make your selection). Note that you'll only be able to merge up to 5 accounts at a time.
- Click the merge selected people link.
- A new box should appear. Review the accounts that you are about to merge, and click merge accounts.
How Does Merging Work?
Accounts are merged in three steps:
- The last created account (ie most recently added to Checklick) becomes the account that all other information is moved to. Any blank fields in this account (like address or phone number) will be filled in with information from the older accounts you selected, starting with the next newest account.
- All other account information (like tags, evaluations, credentials, storefront orders and log entries) are transferred to the last created account.
- All accounts except the last created account are deleted.