Is your organization selling something via Storefront that you want to restrict to people above a certain age?
Checklick lets you add age restrictions to each of your SKUs. Here's how:
- Start on the Storefront setup page.
- Find an existing product, or add a new one.
- Find an existing SKU within that product, or add a new SKU.
- To the right of your SKU's price, click show details.
- Enter the minimum age, in years, that you want to enforce as an age restriction.
- Optional: enter the date by which the person should be the minimum age (the as of age).
That's it! On your live Storefront page, your customers will see text beside each SKU with an age restriction telling them what the cutoff birthdate is. If someone tries to purchase a SKU for someone who is too young, Checklick will prevent them from going any further with their registration.
You'll notice that if you are adding multiple SKUs to the same product, the minimum age will be copied to the new SKU you add.
You'll also notice that if you are creating a SKU with a start date (such as a class, event or regatta) that the as of age will automatically be set to the start date for your SKU. You can change this at any time.
What happens if I leave these fields blank?
If you leave both of the age restriction fields blank, people of any age will be permitted to purchase the SKU.
What happens if I enter a minimum age, but don't enter an "as of" age?
If you only enter a minimum age, Checklick will only let people purchase the SKU if they are that minimum age as of the date of their purchase (ie that same day).